The City of Turku has thousands of photographs in its archives. Some of them are available for general use, and they can be found in the media bank of the City. A user ID is needed for using the media bank.
Some of the city's photographs can be used freely:
Videos from Turku:
Approx. 250 travel journalists vist Turku annually
Some tidbits of the published articles:
- Wandering Earl.com: Writing About My Trip To Finland Is Impossible (1 Oct, 2012)
- Huffpost Lifestyle (3 Sept 2012): Planet Appetite: Gourmet Food Walk in Turku, Finland. Read more
- USA TODAY.Travel: Top travel destinations for 2011. Read more from this link.
- Journalist Norman Miller writing for the English newspaper The Guardian recently visited and you can see his article "Turku: European Capital of Culture 2011" if you follow this link.
- Journalist Joshua Hammer from the New York Times came as a guest of Turku Touring in the summer of 2010. His article "A Finnish City Prepares for the Limelight" lis found at the following link.